Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wine Wednesday and World Cup

On this World Cup Wine Wednesday when Argentina beat the Netherlands in a thrilling shootout, I was pulling for Argentina because I love the wine, the food and the people of that country. That is not to say I didn't have fun with the people, food and ummmm "coffee" in the Netherlands but I had to pick a side.

Plus every time Argentina played during the tournament, I turned it into an excuse to drink some Malbec (as if I needed one) and I really wanted a glass today. However, finding my Argentinian stash unavailable, I turned to a neighboring South American country for some help, Chile!

On a hot summer day, the Casas del Bosque Reserve Sauvignon Blanc was just the ticket, especially if you like a citrus bomb. It explodes with grapefruit, with lots of acidity, minerality and a touch of spice. Put a good chill on this affordable white, in the $15 range, and enjoy.

The Grand Reserva Cabernet was an even better treat (in the $20 range) with a beautiful ruby color. Just as lovely as the color were the fruity flavors of black cherry and raspberry, with a rich coffee finish. The slightly minty nose was also a fun touch. In Southwest Florida, find this one at Decanted wine store and Sunshine Cafe.

Pizza Fusion has Casas del Bosque Reserve Pinot Noir; I'll be trying that one next!

CHEERS!



1 comment: