Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wine Wednesday; Flowers and Fruit

I've been drinking lots of French wine lately, not only honing my palate for an upcoming trip but also because I LIKE IT!

I also like finding great values, which is not always easy when it comes to wines from Bordeaux. Mouton Cadet is one of the regions most successful, affordable brands, offering some wines that are perfect for waiting out the summer heat.

While I like a good rose' anytime of the year, put a nice chill on the 2013 and have it with grilled seafood, stir fry or as a sipper while hanging out with friends. This one is made up of mostly merlot, with a little cabernet franc and cabernet sauvignon. I liked it better after it opened up a little as the raspberry notes became more clear. Nice and dry, this wine also looks beautiful in the glass.

Known mostly for its amazing red wines, Bordeaux is also the birthplace of sauvignon blanc. Mouton Cadet's The is a fresh delight with just the right touch of citrus. I noticed lots of peach and a hint of juicy nectarine. Another good choice to pair with fish or chicken off of the grill, or a fresh salad with some salty, creamy cheese.

Find both wines in the $10 range. Now that makes for another happy Wine Wednesday!

2 comments: